I always recommend everyone to choose WordPress. But why? Why should I use WordPress and not any other blogging platform?
Frankly speaking, there are not just one or two reasons to select WordPress. In fact, there are many:
- WordPress is open-source software. Which means it’s free to download, use, and modify to make websites. You can download and install it from the official WordPress website. Moreover, today most of the hosting comes with a one-click install option to install it automatically onto your blog or website. Being open-source software, WordPress is maintained by people who are always ready to help each other. So, if you run into any kind of problem, or need a patch or a new code to add some function to your website, all you have to do is just ask the WordPress community. Most of the questions get answered within 24 hours along with several solutions. Select the one you like and proceed.
- WordPress was the best blogging platform in the past, but now it has emerged as the best content management system (CMS), which can be used to make any kind of website. For example, you can use WordPress for…
- Creating blogs
- Creating online stores (e-commerce websites)
- Creating a vBlog (video blog, also known as video collecting site)
- Creating a portfolio website
- Creating a review website (mostly used by affiliate marketers for reviewing products)
- Creating a membership website
- Creating a single page promotional website
- Creating a knowledge base website (like wiki websites)
- Creating a forum for question and answers like quora.com
- Creating a gallery or photography website
You can use it in many other ways. The possibilities are unlimited. You can create a website of your choice with WordPress; all you need is a topic and you are good to go.
- WordPress is used by almost 60% of the total websites on the Internet today. And even now, more and more people are joining with it to build their websites. It is because WordPress is really easy to use and learn as compared to any other blogging platform. Most of the people who use WordPress have ZERO knowledge of coding and programming; as a matter of fact, most of the people who opt for WordPress have no knowledge of websites at all. So how are they able to still use WordPress? It provides them with easy-to-use flexibility in building their website. It has more than 3000 themes to select from for your website topic and more than 35,000 plugins which are available to you to add different functionality to your website with just a few clicks. It is not only easy to find the theme of your choice for your blog or website, it is fairly easy to customize it, too. In fact, every theme comes with its own customization panel which makes it simple to adjust the theme setting like header, colors, footer, etc., as per your need.
- WordPress is the most SEO friendly platform that you can have for your website today. Currently, SEO depends not only on the content that you write on your website but also on various other factors like the overall user experience, ease of use, ease of accessing navigation panel, having relevant pages, website speed, and image optimization. With WordPress, you don’t need to worry about any of these concerns as It is written with high-quality codes that cover all of these parameters and makes smoothly enables the user to optimize his website for search engines. According to Google, It is 99% SEO friendly, which the highest rating over every other blogging platform.
- With other blogging platforms, most of the time you need to add codes manually to add functionality—and you will have to keep an eye on your codes so that you can stay updated. With WordPress, it’s a snap to manage your website and the codes that you add in as plugins. WordPress gives a notification in its upper panel from where a user can update all the installed plugins and themes to the latest version with just a few clicks. All you have to do is select the plugin to update, click “update,” and you are done! Easy, isn’t it?
- WordPress is among the safest blogging or website-building platforms in the world. Powering almost 60% of the total websites on the Internet was developed keeping safety and security in mind. It constantly releases regular updates in order to minimize the chances of your website getting hacked. Moreover, using certain plugins like “WP Security Firewall” will enhance your website’s security further.
- WordPress is multimedia friendly. You can effortlessly insert almost any kind of media such as videos, images, and audio clips on your website using WordPress’s rich text editor, “WYSIWYG.”
- At some point in time, you will feel a need to integrate your website with different services, like email marketing services, or content creating services. With WordPress, you can easily integrate your website with almost any high-quality service on the Internet. You don’t need to add manual codes for any service to work simultaneously with your website. WordPress handles it all, like most websites today have a one-click option to integrate any WordPress blog with them.
So as you can see, selecting WordPress is probably the best time investment that you will ever do when building your website.